Co-operative Business New Zealand is pleased to extend its professional development programme to include “Leadership Development in a Co-operative Environment”. A two-day programme for Tier 2 & 3 management (leaders responsible for developing people capability, plus those seeking to develop their organisational skills), that looks to develop leadership skills, provide Leader-as-Coach tools and techniques, skills and processes. At its core, significant value is driven through the sharing of experience across the different co-operative organisations.
Introducing our trainer – Jean Du Rand.
Jean has an extensive background in strategy, operations, HR and merchandise. He has worked in Australia, South Africa and NZ. And recently expanded to Europe and the USA. Jean provides board-level advice to NZ businesses, large and small, including several co-operatives. He is regularly called upon to advise company heads on strategy and act as a sounding board for new initiatives. He is a guest lecturer for Massey University’s Retail Degree programme and sits on its industry advisory board. He was also recently elected to the Retail NZ governing body.
Jean currently runs leadership training programmes across New Zealand including with several NZ Co-operatives.
Jean Du Rand holds degrees in Industrial Psychology, Clinical Psychology and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Management.
On completion of this programme, delegates will have the necessary tools to:
- Use Line of Sight thinking to energize teams and organisations
- Engage people with an Energy Execution Model (what/why/how)
- Recognise the critical messages in leaders’ decision-making
- Set high standards of performance and behaviour with teams so they know what is expected of them
- Coach teams effectively in all situations, including leading difficult conversations
- Remove organisational “white noise” and develop essentialism as a workplace priority
- Embed change and training initiatives so the organisation gets a return on its investment
- Create action plans… to take all the good ideas back into one’s own environment.
- Leading in a co-operative organisation, co-operative business model, co-operative ‘heartbeat’
- Line of Sight leadership and the Decision Compass
- The rules of Essential Thinking – pursuing less, but better
- Team engagement in the WHAT/ WHY/ HOW model
- Prioritizing activities and navigating the conundrum of choice
- The concept of stewardship
- Developing economic, environmental and social sustainability
- Setting high standards of performance and behaviour within your team
- Coaching principles and dealing with difficult conversations
- Embedding leadership change and the real levers of ROI
- Lead and Lag metrics of co-operative performance
- Leading the development of action plans
Special Price for Members Ideal class size for a programme of this nature is about 18.
This is big enough to allow for a range of views and experiences while remaining small enough for everyone to participate effectively.
Special Price for Members
Cooperative Business NZ Members: $995 plus GST
(Non-Members: $1,295 plus GST)
All meals and refreshments are free of charge, including an early networking event for all attendees following the first day.
The cost of travel and accommodation is to be met by the course participants.
Please contact Roz Henry on firstname.lastname@example.org / 021331143 to book onto the programme. Limited spaces available.