We are pleased to announce the launch of our Leadership Development in a Co-operative Environment Programme for 2019.
This new programme looks at developing leadership skills in a co-operative environment, providing Leader-as-Coach tools and techniques, and follows on from the highly successful programmes of this nature delivered by i.e.Retail across New Zealand in recent years.
Leadership in a Co-operative Environment includes skills, tools and processes, and is presented by trainers who have decades’ worth of co-operative training experience.
Organisational Leadership requires, at its core, strong Personal Leadership. And Personal Leadership requires at its heart, a healthy curiosity and the competitive advantage that is “speed to truth”.
- 21-22 May, Novotel, Greenlane, Auckland
Who should attend?
The target audience is middle to senior management, leaders responsible for teams or developing people capability, plus those who seek to develop their people and organisational leadership skills. On completion of this programme, delegates will have the necessary tools to:
- Use Line of Sight thinking to energize teams and organisations
- Engage people with an Energy Execution Model (what/why/how)
- Recognise the critical messages in leaders’ decision-making
- Set high standards of performance and behaviour with teams so they know what is expected of them
- Coach teams effectively in all situations, including leading difficult conversations
- Remove organisational “white noise” and develop essentialism as a workplace priority
- Embed change and training initiatives so the organisation gets a return on its investment
- Create action plans… to take all the good ideas back into one’s own environment.
Evening – dinner
This will provide an opportunity for network-building, to further develop some of the themes from the day, exchange practical experiences and build on the relationships that participants will have started to develop during the first day.
This programme will be delivered by i.e.Retail Facilitator, Elaine McMeeking.
Elaine (pictured) is an internationally accomplished trainer in the field of leadership, team effectiveness and performance, communication and coaching. After gaining a master’s degree in training, her career went on to include senior development planning and HR roles in large multi-national retailers, as well as start-ups and new ventures. After setting up the training department for Just Jeans in NZ/Australia, Elaine set out on her own in 2001. Since then she has facilitated programmes in New Zealand, Australia, Asia and Africa. Elaine is now sought after as a facilitator and trainer in many countries and across multiple industries and cultures. Her work in leadership and coaching is recognised throughout the NZ training industry.
We have found that for maximum effectiveness, an ideal class size for a programme of this nature is about 18, with a minimum of 16 and a maximum of 20.
This is big enough to allow for a range of views and experiences while remaining small enough for everyone to participate.
Special Price for Members
Cooperative Business NZ Members: $995 plus GST
(Non-Members: $1,295 plus GST)
All meals and refreshments are free of charge including a group dinner for all attendees after the first day. The cost of travel and accommodation is to be met by the course participants.
- Please confirm by email if you would like to attend this event, places will be confirmed on a first-in basis.