Delivered in partnership with Mayfield Group, participants gain access to highly experienced contributors and coaches with significant experience within co-operative and governance environments. The programme is facilitated by Janine Smith, Principal and chair of The Boardroom Practice, and Associate Professor David Tweed.
The programme involves:
- Two residential workshops (at the start and end of the programme) held in Auckland.
- Coaching and 1-on-1 mentoring
- Remote learning
The programme aims to:
- Increase your understanding of the role of a director and chair with a particular focus on the co-operative structure
- Gain insights as to your style and how this may impact your effectiveness in the boardroom
- Develop critical thinking and all-round governance skills to be a more effective director
- Plan your governance pathway and development through one-on-one coaching and mentoring sessions
While the programme has co-operative themes throughout, participants can expect to gain key transferrable knowledge around finance, effective board practice, communication, reputation, legal duties of directors and diversity. During the workshops, you’ll also engage with experienced directors who will share their experiences.
There are only two cohort intakes for this executive programme a year with limited spaces. We recommend registering your interest early in ensure you can participate.
May 2023 intake The next intake registrations are open! The programme will commence on 16, 17 and 18 May 2023 with the first residential workshop in Auckland. Can’t make these dates? The next intake will begin in November 2023.
Programme funding Mayfield Group has been confirmed as a service provider under the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund with the Regional Business Partner Network. This means that eligible member businesses with 50 or fewer staff may be eligible to receive funding of up to 50% towards the cost of the Cooperative Governance Development Programme.