Who should attend?
The target audience will be those who already have at least a basic understanding of best practice governance. This will be a more comprehensive programme than the one-day Co-operative Governance Essentials Seminar that we have provided to our Members over recent years. We anticipate that it will ideally suit people who have previously attended the Co-operative Governance Essentials Seminar or equivalent, including the following people:
- Existing directors of co-operatives wanting to enhance their skills and contribution to their board
- New and/or aspiring chairs of co-operative company boards
- Chairs of co-operative board committees
- Credible aspiring directors, who have some direct experience of governance, either directly (perhaps on a school board of trustees), or by reporting to a board
- Senior executives of co-operatives wanting a greater understanding of how to work with their board, and what they should expect from it.
Proposed Programme Content
Dinner which will provide an opportunity for network building, to further develop some of the themes from the day, exchange practical experiences and build on the relationships that participants will have started to develop during the first day.
This programme will be delivered by Westlake Governance facilitators, Richard Westlake and Vaughan Renner.
Richard and Vaughan have delivered comparable programmes here in NZ for nearly ten years and have found that this dual presenter format leads to greater engagement from participants as well as even more effective learning.
|We have found that for maximum effectiveness an ideal class size for a programme of this nature is about 16, with a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 18. This is big enough to allow for a range of views and experiences while remaining small enough for everyone to participate actively.|
|Continuing Professional Development|
|While we are not able to allocate IoD CPD points formally, we anticipate that participants who are members of the NZ Institute of Directors should be able to claim 16 CPD points (of an annual requirement of 20 points).|
|Special Price For Members|
|Cooperative Business NZ Members: $1,195 & GST
(Non-Members: $1,495 & GST)
The cost of accommodation is to be met by the course participants while the lunches, dinner and drinks are all free of charge.