If you’re considering starting a business, Cooperative Business New Zealand has access to tools and resources that will help you decide if a co-operative is the right business model for you.
Please contact us if you would like to find out more or access our resources.
The co-operative is the only business model with its own set of principles. Drawn up by the International Cooperative Alliance, co-operatives the world over use these seven principles as the basis of their business:
1. Voluntary and open membership
2. Democratic member control
3. Member economic participation
4. Autonomy and independence
5. Education, training and information
6. Co-operation among cooperatives
7. Concern for community.
Download these principles with an explanation: International Cooperative Alliance - Seven Principles.