Cooperative Business New Zealand is pleased to announce the finalists for this year’s Annual Awards.
The awards celebrate and recognise outstanding leadership and success within the New Zealand co-operative sector.
“We received many nominations this year, highlighting the vast spread of sector and size of co-operatives in New Zealand. The judges were very impressed with the calibre of nominations, and this made the judging process a difficult one,” says Cooperative Business NZ CEO Roz Henry.
“We want to thank all of you who put forward a nomination. Doing so during challenging times like this is a fantastic achievement in itself. We’re honoured to be representing so many fantastic co-operatives and businesses.”
The 2021 finalists are:
CO-OPERATIVE BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
- Ballance Agri-Nutrients
- MG Marketing
CO-OPERATIVE LEADER OF THE YEAR
- Nicola Devine, General Manager, Interflora
- Rob Kidd, CEO, NZPM
- Ruth Knewstubb, Chief People Officer, Farmlands
- Wayne McNee, Chief Executive, LIC
OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO CO-OPERATIVES
- Gordon Guthrie, Retired CEO, EA Networks
- Graeme Sutton, Chair, Provelco
- Warwick Catto, Science Strategy Manager, Ballance Agri-Nutrients
EMERGING BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
- NZ Cleaning Coop
EMERGING LEADER OF THE YEAR
- Angus Dowson, Science Extension Officer – Technology & Solutions, Ballance Agri-Nutrients
- Ben Ross, Branch Manager (Wellington Branch), MG Marketing
- Emma Hinton, Senior Business Manager, Farmlands
“I would like to thank the independent judging panel members – Dr Lisa Callagher, Alastair Hercus and Phil McKendry – for giving their time to judge these awards once again this year”, says Roz.
“Congratulations to all of the finalists and to those who entered a nomination. There are so many worthy participants in what has been a challenging year.”
The awards are also a chance to celebrate Cooperative Business New Zealand members that have reached significant milestones. This year Fonterra are marking their 150th year since their founding co-operative.
Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony being held on Wednesday 10 February 2022 from 6pm at Fonterra, Auckland. More information about the event and tickets can be found here.